Listening Diary: News Story#1

Watched on March 10, 2021

    Hiya! Johanna the Elephant is back!🐘 So, in this blog, I am going to talk about a news story from CNN Breaking News presented by Rosemary Church. I found this news story on CNN YouTube Channel (https://youtu.be/R0l6z0HaUAM). Let's read the summary.👇

Tsunami in Japan

    Nine years ago, there was the biggest earthquake followed by a tsunami in Japan that year. The earthquake was M8.4. People were not able to stand because of the shaking. Matt Alt, the interviewee, could see houses were swept away by the tsunami. Therefore, everyone sheltered in higher places.

💭💭💭

    When I was listening to the news, I was terrified and sorry. Even though it happened a long time ago, I can feel people's fear. However, through this news, I can learn how to survive from an earthquake and tsunami. If there were an earthquake, try to evacuate and avoid seas to a mountain or any higher place.

Fortunately, I did not find any unfamiliar or difficult words in this news story.

    I believe, most of you have heard about the news. Even though it happened a long time ago, some of the victims can be traumatized. I hope there will be no catastrophe in the future. Stay safe! See you.🐘


Comments

Popular Posts