Reading Journal #5 : My Emoji Stories

Hi everyone! How's your day? Johanna the Elephant is back. Yay!🎉
This is my second reading journal for this week. Today, I read some stories on ER Central and I want to share them with you. The special thing for today's journal is I will use an emoji to express what I feel and what I think about the story. Hope you enjoy!
The first story is "Two Hardworking Ants" by Diane from level 6, it's a classic tale. There are 557 words and I spent 3 minutes and 10 seconds to read it. This story tells about two little hardworking ants on a sunny day. Not like the other insects who relax and enjoy the beautiful view, these two ants keep working hard to collect foods. On the next day, something unpredictable happens but the two ants are well-prepared.
I choose this emoji because in life, we can't always relax and let everything go with the flow. We must word hard like the two ants so we can be well-prepared for every situation. We should always remember, that every hard work will never disappoint us. It always paid off.

Next is "Lindsay and her Piano" by Lauren from level 6, it's a drama or human interest story. There are 840 words in this story. I spent 4 minutes and 40 seconds to read it. This story is about a girl who really likes to play piano, she spends almost of her time to play piano and she has a dream to go to Julliard. For this story I choose :
The reason is I'm amazed because she never stop doing what she likes. She even had a dream from what she likes. She works hard to achieve her dream. This story is similar from the first story. She never gets tired to reach her dream. Like I said, "Hard work pays off".

The third one is "Body Language" by CompassMedia from level 6, it's about fact, language, and education. There are 306 words and it took 1 minute and 35 seconds to read it. This factual text tells about the important of body language. We can express what we feel and what we need using body language. So don't worry if we go to a foreign country but we don't understand their language.
This emoji describes what I feel after reading it. It increases my insight about body language. I realize that we usually speak with our body language more than our mouth. We express more our feeling in body language.

"On the Way Home" by CompassMedia is my fourth story that I read today. It's a drama story from level 7 with 51 words in it. I spent 30 seconds for this story. This story is about what happen to someone who is on his way to his house.

I never thought this story will makes me laugh out loud. I thought it will be a serious story. This emoji really describe what I did right after I read the last sentence. When I read the first, second, and third sentences I thought "Ow. This is going to be a sad story" but then the last sentence tells that he forgets the way to his house. That's very funny.

"Daphne and Micah" by Rubina is my last story I read today. It's a romance story from level 8. It contains 675 words, so I spent exactly 4 minutes to read. This story is about Daphne and Micah's relationship. They try to save their relationship, but they can't.
This is what I feel after read the story. It's a sad ending story because they can't pull through their conflicts. Why I choose this emoji? Because I feel sorry for both of them. They've been together for a long time, but their relationship ended just like that.

Okay, that's it for today. I'll end up today's reading journal here. Don't forget to read books/articles/stories as many as you can. I'll see you again soon. Thank you!



Comments

Popular Posts