Reading Journal #2 : I think, I don't think...

Good afternoon everyone! Today I had a discussion with Mr. Dankur and friends about reading. Everybody has different opinions on reading. Each of us has a different taste on reading books. For example, my friend likes to read a sci-fi, but not for me. I prefer teen fiction or fan fiction. There are eight statements I need to respond :
1. Reading in my first language is fun.
2. Reading English is difficult.
3. I should usually look up new words in my dictionary.
4. Reading English is boring.
5. It is easier to read about sports than science. 
6. If I read very fast, it is hard to understand meaning. 
7. Reading out loud is a good idea. 
8. Reading English is fun. 


I think I'd agree with reading in my first language is so much fun. I enjoy reading in Bahasa Indonesia. There are several authors that I like, I know them from Wattpad. Not only in Bahasa Indonesia, I enjoy reading English books too. I would choose the book carefully. If the story line is boring, I won't buy it (that's also mean I won't read the book). I don't really into articles, but these days I tried to read some articles about Covid-19, Kpop/Kdrama, and other trending news.

Reading English is difficult. Yes. It is difficult, I should usually look up new word in my dictionary but it is worth to do, I can find new words for my vocabulary. Many people found reading in English is boring because they need to take times in search the meaning of unfamiliar words, but not for me. It is very challenging, I should translate it to Bahasa Indonesia (in my head) so I can understand the meaning. For the topics, science is one of the less interest topic. Read about sports are easier than science. In science, there are many scientific words that are complicated. I tried to read about science, but I gave up. Too difficult and not interesting.



I usually read fast, I can read novels in a day or a long article just in a minute for Bahasa Indonesia. It took times to read English books or articles. I need to read it slowly so I can understand the meaning. Plus, if there is an unfamiliar word, I need to open my dictionary or google translate (tbh, it takes time). When I read, I am not a type of person who like to read out loud because I don't like if the other is doing the same thing. For me, it bothers other people. There are people who can't concentrate read in a noisy place. So, I disagree with reading out load is a good idea.


Last but not least, I hope everyone can get more interest in reading so you can get many important lessons and more knowledge. Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts